Thursday, August 7, 2014

J.Crew Updates With New Arrivals Yesterday {mini rollout}

"Thanks!" to many of you, who let us know that J.Crew had an update to its website yesterday (click here to view online). I honestly did not even realize there were new arrivals even *after* I got the email yesterday morning. It was only after reading fellow JCA comments. ;)

There are some new arrivals for men (click here) & women (click here). {wahoo!} It looks like Crewcuts (click here) has been updated, but not the J.Crew Collection (click here). The AUGUST catalog (click here to view) is now up as well.

I am normally head-over-heels in love with Fall at J.Crew. This time around, I am not finding too much I am crazy for. However, it's still early in the Fall season. Plus, I still managed to find one or two items I love...

They did bring back the Excursion quilted vest (item B0109; $120.0), which I am excited to see. Although, there are only four colors so far. Right now, J.Crew Factory's version of the Excursion vest (item 92465; $98.00) seems to offer the better range of hues. Although I do like that retail's version includes a side pocket. But I like the look of no snaps on the Factory version. Choices! ;)

I also really like the look of the Regent blazer (item B0323; $198.00). I can't wait to see this jacket in person. All four colors look amazing, it's a hard choice to pick just one! ;)

What items are you most excited about and why? Which items are you surprised (or not surprised) to see? Which items did you hope would be included? Were you expecting a bigger roll-out? Also, did you receive the latest catalog? :)

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't help myself and ordered the Regent Blazer (in heather carbon) and the cocoon coat in the grey. I'll post a review when I get them - although I'm going on holiday tomorrow, so won't be for a few weeks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sinead - Would love to read your review on the Regent blazer. I like the cut of the blazer more so than the cut of the Schoolboy, and I love that they made it in Petite. I'm not too sure about the standing collar though...does it give you the option of folding it, if you don't like it up?

    I love the grey Cocoon coat, too! I already own the green one from two fall seasons ago-Sadly it wasn't offered in petite size when it first debuted, so my gripe about the Cocoon I own is that the arms are a tad long on me. It said on the description that they've made updates to the coat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if J.Crew will bring back the Sabrina coat? I love the cut of that coat. I own it in Navy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wishlisted the excursion vest in chartreuse and the quilted puffer jacket in forest shadow, though I'm wondering what the fit in the jacket will be like. I have a yellow vest from Boden, but I might sell it because it's not as slim as I would like it to be.

    I too have several of the factory vests wishlisted, though I like the way that the pockets are on my retail one. Oh well, can't have everything now can we?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Regent Blazer is gorgeous. I would love that rich camel. Didn't see much else I would be interested in. A couple of cute skirts - polyester.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)