Tuesday, June 5, 2012

J.Crew of Season's Past: {a look in the closet}

It's that time again, to take a look at an image of J.Crew pieces from seasons past! As caribbelle (in this post) so beautifully termed, "ye olde j crew of yore".

This post features the Yellow Rain Slicker ($78) for dogs. The officially discontinued Crewmutts line offered this little number back in 2008. (A few years ago, dog accessories were all the rage. I remember Anthropologie carrying an exclusive dog line too. I even bought a few sweaters from them!) Although J.Crew's dog-friendly line was on the pricey side, the items were adorable!

What are your thoughts on the look(s)/item(s) from the past? Do you find the look(s)/item(s) classic or do you think they are dated?

7 comments:

  1. I never saw this line, but that puppy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this one? I'm not one to ever dress my dogs in clothes, but I guess if I was, why not J Crew. That pup has the absolute cutest expression. I bet they sold a lot of those doggy jackets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL,that made my day! Thanks Alexis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember this at all but I love the photos! Just got a dog recently and I think she would be embarrassed to wear any kind of outfit. She's more of a tomboy pup...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a fan of dressing up dogs but what a cutie, I have 2 labs so kinda partial to them. Love the way he/she's back legs are out straight so many dogs love to lay like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do remember the line for pups - but sadly never bought any. Always watched for sale, but missed them and then they were gone! Wish they would do more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frog dog! I love when a dog lays like that :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)